Once again, time has flown by since my last post and so much has happened since I finished school!! I just finished my first clinical rotation in Memphis at Physiotherapy Associates, an outpatient orthopedic clinic near downtown. I lived in Memphis for 6 weeks and went to work everyday from 8-5. Thankfully I survived the 40 minute drive to work everyday without any wrecks although I had a few close calls! I really enjoyed being there and living with my good friend Jessica. I loved finally getting the chance to apply what I'm learning and interact with a lot of different people. I still have a lot to learn but enjoyed being challenged and given a lot of independence with the patients.

I was pretty exhausted during the week but we had a lot of fun on the weekends! I've been wanting to visit Nashville for a while and I finally got the chance to go a couple weeks ago!! We heard that Coldplay was going to be there and there were still tickets left so we bought them on Tuesday and left on Friday! Jess has a friend from Mississippi who just moved there and she said we could stay with her. It was nice not having to pay for a place and she lived in a great location in the Hillsboro area which was really close to everything. Our friend, Katie Taylor, informed us that the Coldplay concert was a religious experience, and it definitely was. It was AMAZING!! My favorite song they performed was "Fix You." If you haven't heard it, please download it...it's well worth the 99 cents on iTunes. Chris Martin, the lead singer, is such a great musician and performer. The greatest part was that they had a second stage set up in the back and the usher let us "sneak" down there to empty seats so we were able to get really close to them! They played 4 songs back there, including one of my favorites, Green Eyes. Here is the first video I took at the concert. I have one of them when we were really close up but it's really long.
The time has finally come to start packing for Zambia!! I woke up this morning with a million things running through my mind. A lot of times I get so overwhelmed by all the things I have to do that I just don't do anything for a while, aka procrastinate. But I decided to just leave my house and run some errands that I knew needed to be done. Anyone who knows me knows that I love making lists, mainly because I like to feel a sense of accomplishment when things get done. After running several errands with my friend Elizabeth, we headed to Walmart (you can't leave the country without making a trip to Walmart). Our main purpose of going was to return the movie we had rented from the redbox last night, but I figured that I would grab some things for my trip while I was there. I discovered that I'm absolutely useless without a list. I bought two things. It was a practically pointless trip to the store. So my night will consist of attempting to pack and making a list of all the things I need to buy before I leave.
I did, however, buy a new camera last night at Best Buy. I've had my camera for almost 5 years. It's really a miracle that it's survived after all the places it's been. I am the type of person that likes to hold onto things until they completely fall apart, so I didn't really want to buy a new camera. But the one I have has been acting kind of funny lately and sometimes not even turning on so I needed something a little more reliable for Zambia.
I'll post again soon about all the details of my trip. I leave this Thursday, July 9th!! I can't believe in a few short days I will be halfway across the world. Please continue to pray for the Lord's protection over my trip and over the kids who will be in my group during the next 3 weeks. I will add some more specific prayer requests and some things that have been on my heart lately in my next post.
Blessings to y'all,
Christy

No comments:
Post a Comment