Well. I've had quite the long break from blogging. As in a 6 month break. There are a lot of reasons I haven't blogged in a while. School being the most obvious reason I can think of. Honestly, between classes, clinical rotations, moving from place to place, packing, unpacking, the thought of blogging always seemed to be one more thing I didn't want to check off the list. I'm really great at reading blogs. I'm not so great at writing one. I won't try to write about the last 6 months of my life, but a here's a quick update on what's been going on lately.
I spent the last 2 months in Columbia back in classes at Mizzou. My professors do a pretty great job of cramming as much as possible into 8 weeks so life doesn't really slow down a lot while I'm in Columbia. These last 8 weeks were the longest time I've stayed in one place in a long time, except for one weekend in Fayetteville. That is an accomplishment, folks. I spend so much of my time traveling from place to place that it is so nice to be settled in my own room at school.
I'm on fall break this week and could not be happier to have a week at home relaxing. I spent this past weekend in Fayetteville hanging out with my mom and her best friend at War Eagle. In my four years in college at the U of A I never went to War Eagle so it was really fun to experience it. I was amazed at the things people create! Some cool things..some not so cool things. Overall though I had a lot of fun and the weather was great to walk around and spend some time outside!
My finds from War Eagle: pretty flower plate, red purse made out of old cowboy boots, little basket for tea bags, flower hair pins, ring, and colorful print of art created in Missouri (Stone Hill is a winery located near Columbia).
My next clinical starts next Monday in Kansas City at Children's Mercy Hospital. I couldn't be more excited! I'll be there for 8 weeks and will live with one of my roommates from school and her family.
Photo Recap:
My last first day of school! Ever.

Puppy cone from Andy's for Jaz, my roommate's dog.
Won free tickets to the Mizzou game!

Lunch at Plaza 900, a dining hall on campus. Can't beat all-you-can-eat for $7.95. And feeling like a freshman all over.

Tailgating with friends before the Arkansas vs. Alabama game. Saddest game of my life but I have never seen anything like it in Fayetteville!
My favorite place to be on Saturdays in the fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment