Hi friends! I decided to start this blog for a few reasons! First of all, I don't get to talk to any of you as much as I would like so I thought this would be a good way for y'all to know what's going on in my life and for me to keep you updated! Although I guess you could say it has been a while since I started the newest phase of my life, there are still days that it feels really new and I can't believe it has almost been a whole year since I graduated. Also, for those of you that don't know, I will be going to Zambia, Africa with Camp LIFE this summer to minister to the orphans and vulnerable children there by just loving and caring for them in different ways. The Lord was so faithful in opening up this time in my life for me to go and making it clear to me that I was supposed to use the free time in my summer to take His gospel to the nations. Isaiah 12:4 says, "In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name;
make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that His name is exalted." The hope is that through our love these kids can experience the restoration and new life that comes through knowing Jesus Christ and that this love will spread to the whole nation of Zambia. The pastor I heard this past Sunday in Conway preached on Habakkuk and I really love the verse he highlighted, Habakkuk 1:5 "Look at the nations and watch-and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." I honestly believe that God is going to move in ways that are so beyond my expectations, and I'm so excited I get to be a part of what God is doing in these kids' lives for a few weeks! I thought this blog would be a good way to keep everyone updated while I'm preparing for my time in Zambia and to share prayer requests as I go through the process of raising up a support team to pray and give towards my trip, and then to share what's going on while I'm in Zambia. I named the blog "The One Necessary Thing" because I have been going through the book of Luke this year. The Lord has been so good in affirming me in little ways that I am supposed to be in Columbia but there are still days that I struggle with having faith and wonder why I am here. I came upon the story of Mary and Martha when Jesus comes to Martha's house. Mary sits at the Lord's feet and just listens to Him, while Martha is running around trying to get everything done (what I tend to do). In Luke 10: 40, Martha comes to the Lord and asks him, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me." But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;
but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her." I feel like the Lord has constantly been pressing on my heart this year to choose the one necessary thing, which is to sit at His feet and listen to Him. He has been so faithful in using my circumstances to draw me nearer to Him and to make me dependent on Him alone, which as we all know is not the easiest thing. I could go on but that is a quick update on my life! Despite many failed attempts at journaling daily, I am pretty awful, so I don't know how often I will update this thing but hopefully I will get into the habit of it. I miss and love you all and would love to hear how all of you are doing! Thanks for all of your prayers and love and know that I am so thankful for every one of you!
Love y'all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment