Monday, March 16, 2009

Obviously, I am new at this.

Obviously, I am new at this.  I clearly haven't gotten into the habit of updating this thing often (unless you call once a month, often).  It is crazy how quickly a whole month can go by.  I literally would probably have to look back in my planner to remember what all has happened in the past month.
 I went home for wedding showers and Carly (my neice's) first birthday party at the beginning of February, and went home again a week ago for one of my dear friend, Stephanie's, wedding.  I love weddings for so many reasons but probably one of my favorite reasons is because I just think God's providence is so cool and how he brings two people at just the right time together to be one.  One of my favorite verses of the past year is Acts 17:26-27 "From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.  God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." The first time I really remember hearing this verse was during a sermon at Fellowship last year.  We had been doing a sermon series on Acts for a long time, but this verse just spoke to me where I was at the time, searching for God's direction in my life for the next year.  Just yesterday, a few of my friends here at school and I were talking about how crazy it is that God places you in certain places around certain people at certain times.  I really can't think about it for long because it blows my mind.  It is kind of like trying to think about eternity, I just can't do it!  I love the song "For Good" in Wicked because it describes this so well :)  All of that to say that I love how the Lord is so good in bringing people into your life at just the right time, and you can just see how He was so faithful in that in Stephanie and Garrett's lives.  
Right now all I want to think about is spring break.  I'm so excited to just sit and be still and hope that happens often in the next week.  To give you guys a support update, about 1/3 of my donations have come in, which amazes me.  The Lord has just been continuing to renew my spirit and humble me by how faithful He is in providing.  I am so amazed at people's hearts for the children in Zambia and just how so many precious people in my life have given sacrificially.  I came upon a verse in James during the time that I was praying about going to Zambia last fall.  
James 1:5-6 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, that is driven and tossed by the wind." 
I have to consciously decide to trust the Lord in different ways everyday, but for this season of support raising I am learning to ask in faith, without doubting, trusting that the Lord will provide.  It's just the beginning, but that's all for now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment