Friday, March 20, 2009

Support Update

First of all, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to those of you that have been praying for and supporting me!  I just want each of you to know what a huge blessing you are to me and how thankful I am to have you behind me and praying for me along the way.  It really is only because of your generosity that I am able to go.  Although raising support is definitely challenging, I cannot tell you how encouraging it's been!  In a way I feel like I am getting just a glimpse at how the children in Zambia rely on the Lord daily to provide and care for their EVERY NEED, because the Lord has brought me out of my place of comfort and security, and into complete inadequacy.  I believe the Lord wants to take me away from the safety I have created for myself and He wants to be my safe place.  Psalm 37:3 says, "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture." Please continue to pray that the Lord would provide and bring the rest of my support in!  Currently, I have raised $1, 380 so I still have to raise about $3, 500 before April 15th.  I know that the Lord is big and that He is the ultimate provider so I'm just trusting in Him!!

Also, a few things you can begin to pray for the kids in Zambia:
1. That the Lord would prepare their hearts to hear the gospel and that the Lord would soften their hearts so that the gospel would take deep root in their lives (Luke 8:8)
2. That the Lord would open up their hearts to be able to share what's really going on in their lives and to talk about their fears, pain, and the hurt they are experiencing
3. Pray for protection over their lives, and that the Lord would release them from any darkness or fear they are presently experiencing (Isaiah 61:1)

For those of you that have asked about how to donate online, here is the link to the Family Legacy website: 
http://www.legacymissions.org/donate/
Once you are on the site, just click "Donate Online."  Fill in the all of the information and then in the "Fund" drop down box, choose "Sponsor a short term mission trip participant."  Another drop down box will appear where you can type my name in and then once you are done filling everything in just click submit!

I hope that you all have a great weekend and I will keep ya'll updated on everything going on! Love ya'll!!

Blessings, 
Christy


1 comment:

  1. Christy--I am so glad that you are going to Africa this summer. I just made a donation in your name because I know you are going to do amazing things over there! Love you friend and keep me posted on this. I'll be praying for you during this adventure!

    ReplyDelete