Happy Thanksgiving friends! I hope everyone is enjoying a day filled with family, food, and football. Unlike most years, we ate our thanksgiving meal on time at about 12:30 so I've had time to take a nap, play some cards, and watch the Cowboys vs. the Raiders game. I'm not a big fan of pro football, but it's fun rooting for Felix and Darren! I'm hoping the Razorbacks get an invite to the Cotton Bowl because I would love to go watch the game in the new Cowboys stadium. Every thanksgiving we usually have the same desserts like pumpkin and pecan pie. But this year I was flipping through Paula Deen's magazine and found a recipe for caramel apple nut pound cake that looked uh-mazing. Doesn't it? We decided to have this instead of pecan pie and I'm so glad because I loved it. Don't let the fact that it has Campbell's soup in it scare you. You can't even taste it! If you want the recipe, go here. mmmmm

Okay, so anyone who knew me in high school knows that I had a slight obsession with John Mayer. Slight as in waited outside of his bus in the cold after his concert for 3 hours to meet him and get his autograph. But it worked! So I was so excited to get his new CD, Battle Studies, and even more excited that he has a duet with Taylor Swift. I think she's adorable, and so real, and I love that she writes her own songs. And I'm convinced that we would be real life friends if we knew each other. Anyway, I looked up John's Battle Studies tour last week and he's playing a show in St. Louis during spring break. Now I just have to convince someone else to go with me!
I talked to Taryn this morning and she seems to be doing good considering the circumstances. It was so good to hear her voice and know that she's okay. I was so challenged by her perspective on life and her heart that is so focused on the Lord's will for her life. She reminded me to be thankful for life, every day, even the hard ones. She said something that is so true, that we are surprised by life sometimes but God's not. She has so much faith in the Lord and His plan for her life, even though right now she doesn't know what that looks like. Please continue to pray for her as she heals. Pray for the Lord to pour out His strength over her and to restore her energy daily. Pray that He would take away her pain and give her rest and comfort. Pray for the Lord to bring her back home as soon as possible and that the transition would go smoothly. Pray also that the Lord would encourage her heart and lift her spirits. I am convinced that the Lord is using this situation for His glory and that He is going to use Taryn for much bigger things. Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done...love.

No comments:
Post a Comment