Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's been a while...

So, this is my attempt to revamp my blog. I chose the festive Holiday background for two reasons. First, to get in the Christmas spirit. Second, I figured it would force me at some point to update my blog again. To say the least, this semester has been crazy. Yes, I still think of time in terms of semesters. School pretty much consumed my life the past 3 months and in my spare time, blogging wasn't my priority. But after being told by several people that it's been a while since I updated my blog, I decided I would give it another try. We'll see...I won't even attempt to update y'all on everything that has happened in the past 3 months so here's what's going on right now. I am back in Arkansas for the first time in almost 3 months for Thanksgiving break. I love having a break from school and love being home. It's so good for my heart to see my friends and catch up with all the people I love. I've had time to read and work out, two things I enjoy but seem to never make time for at school. I always expect life to slow down during my breaks but I usually manage to make myself busy while I'm home. It's a good busy though. I found out on Sunday night that one of my best friends, Taryn, got in a bad car accident in Virginia. She was in Virginia for training to go overseas to Spain for two years with the International Mission Board and planned to leave after Christmas. She broke both of her legs, her tailbone, and her jaw and the doctors said she probably won't walk for 3-5 months. So please keep her in your prayers. I'm so thankful she's okay and trust that the Lord will use this for her good and for His glory. I'll keep y'all updated as I hear more. There's a link to her blog on my page so you can read about her time at training and what the Lord has been doing in her life. Thanks friends! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment